For accountability and later amusement purposes, here are my current strength workouts. Right now I'm cycling between back workout days, shoulder workout days, and rest days.
- Alternating jog/sprints for 5 min.
- Foam roll quads (vastus lateralis/side, and front)
Bodyweight circuit: 3 rounds of...
- Jump squats, 30 sec (exhale on jump, watch left ankle)
- Hollow body hold, 30 sec
- Plank to down dog, 1x12 (exhale on the transition to down dog)
- Plyo high-knee skips, 30 sec
- Flutter kicks, 30 sec
- Side planks, 30 sec per side
- Side lunge to balance, 10 per side (not alternating; the leg stretched out is the one that goes up)
- Transverse toe touches, 10 per side
Always do a warmup set with the empty bar or a light weight before beginning. When two weights are listed, start with the higher weight and progress incrementally down to the lower weight when form starts to fail. Alternating movmeents need both sides to complete before a rep is counted.
- Deadlift 105lb / one-arm bent-over row (not alternating), 30-25lb, 3x10
- Cable lat pulldown 27.5lb-20lb / alternating transverse crunches, 3x10
Note: my shoulder mobility and muscle awareness is currently kind of crap, and they're imbalanced and funky in interesting ways, so pay close attention to core engagement and movement awareness/quality and muscle engagement here.
- Clean hang press 50lb / bench leg extensions, 3x10-12
- Shoulder press 20-15lb / inverse pike on incline bench, 3x10
- Superset 3x10 (do all three back to back before resting and repeating) of:
- Upright rows 7-5lb (start with dumbell handles horizontal, keep dumbells together, peel shoulders back and keep them down)
- Alternating lateral raises (keep shoulders back and down; bend knees and tighten core)
- Standing flys (start with dumbell handles vertical, keep elbows in)