Brief thoughts, since hands are starting to get typing-painful and I should get to bed soon. Life-balance right this moment: I am bad at it. Things that could use a little more attention:
- Sitting still and typing for extended periods of time: not good for (1) hands or (2) most of the rest of me that isn't getting any exercise. My heart rate elevates faster than it should when I am running; this is bad. I need to schedule in a daily walk - I think that since classes are now in session, getting myself to work from campus for part of the day should do the trick. Also, I need to get back into unknotting my muscles on a regular basis.
- Scheduling obligations past the trip I'm currently on - I need to figure out meetings and hang-out-with-friends times from April 10th (when I get back to Boston) to whenever-I-am-not-in-Boston any more. And block out time for less fun but more mandatory stuff, like doing taxes. (Yayyyyy.)
- Studying. Music, language, research methods, and reading scholarly papers in an efficient manner... I haven't dived into them quite as much as I would like to, and I need to spend more time playing with this.
However, I've been doing pretty well on a few things I usually don't do well with.
- Sleep! I've actually gotten it most of the past few nights! (There have been recent nights of anxious sleepless thinking, but once I started my grad school application, I slept like a baby. So that's one way that I know it that was the right decision.)
- Food! I've been having it on a relatively consistent and normal-person basis, and it's healthy stuff!
- Life! I'm actually doing things like (1) playing with tiny children and (2) having non-work conversations! Sometimes I even go outside!
Working through the muscles that are on the verge of being painful, and then sleeping.