With every passing marketing meeting, I become more and more convinced that Fedora 12 is the cycle where Marketing will take off - we've been coiling to spring for quite a while now, and everything is falling into place for a series of takeoffs that will culminate in Marketing hackfestingness at FUDCon Toronto. Abe Lincoln once said "Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe." We're almost done making the axes, and it looks like they'll start out preeeeetty decently sharp.
With zikula as a platform to work from and marketing research to help us figure out where to aim, we're actually starting to gather and build an infrastructure and a set of tools for Doing Marketing, dramatically increasing our Capacity to Create Cool Content by making it far easier to do so. Recent news:
- Robyn Bergeron has been driving the creation of a real marketing research plan - including (finally) getting limesurvey up in infrastructure. w00t for use-cases driving new technology adoption!
- Chaitanya Mehandru continues to keep us all in the loop with the FWN Marketing beat and a dedication to continuously improving it, week by week.
- Pascal Calarco and Dale Bewley have set the wheels in motion for transitioning FWN to the FI platform.
- Jonathan Roberts has started to scout for potential marketing authors by reading Planet.
- Paul Johnson has stepped up as our interim FI editor in chief and will be wielding his experienced editorial-fu to drive excellent content through FI from launch 'till FUDCon (when we'll be sitting down to figure out how we want to do the longer-term workflow gameplan).
- Simon Birtwistle continues to push our publictest FI sandbox closer to "100% production-deployable," with a lot of packaging/review help from Toshio Kuratomi and Rahul Sundaram - and it sounds like the Docs team has been packaging wysiwyg we might be able to use as well!
...and that's just from this afternoon. Yep. We have momentum! I am psyched.